Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Herb Garden: Let There be Light!

No outdoor setting would be complete without some fun lights! :) 

I found these awesome solar/LED/battery operated/light sensing hanging jars at the store. And they were on sale. SCORE! The solar panels on the lid collect the sun's energy and store it in a rechargeable battery that then powers the LED light once the sun goes down. Pretty cool, huh?
BUT... I still wanted a chandelier. :P
I scouted craigslist to no avail. I knew what sort of light I wanted, but I couldn't find anything that fit the bill. If I were to buy one new, it would be much more than I intended. Then, I stopped by the repurposing place in town. There it sat, rather, hung. I will confess that I wanted to jump up and down very excitedly. My sister kept me in check. :P 

But the idea of running electricity through an indoor chandelier in an outdoor setting wasn't settling well. Even though it became a family event that turned into a comedy show, we finally figured out how to crack open a chandelier and pull out the wires. Once you take the electricity out, how will it light? Again solar technology. And an idea that I found on Pinterest. :P Solar path lights to the rescue! At $3 a pop, the price was right.  
No, that annoying stake isn't permanently attached.  
See? 

Stick the lights onto the chandelier, and... 
Voila!

I'm actually rather surprised that it all worked out and looks like it's supposed to go together. ;) 

Until next time!
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment