Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're getting all growed up...

Wow... lots of milestones this year for many of my friends and me... Graduation, getting engaged/married, etc. But none of it has really hit me until this morning when I was sitting in the pew listening to a friend (who I've grown up my whole life!) who was preaching. My aunt was sitting next to me and she was welling up. I almost did too. We've all come so far, yet it feels like yesterday I was making mud pies in the back yard with him. *sniff, sniff* This is when you start to ask yourself: Do I really want to grow up and deal with all the nasty things in the world of adults? With being an adult you have more responibilities yet more freedom. More severe trials yet more satifaction from reaching your goal. I guess we all have to step up to the plate and take a swing at things eventually. You might not hit it the first time around, but you will have more chances someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment