Friday, October 5, 2012

Orange Smoothie

Hands down, I love orange smoothies. I think the last time I had one was back in January when we would order oranges in bulk since they're in season. I don't know who it was, but someone had a hankering for some of the creamy goodness, so they pulled out some frozen oj to thaw. Mom then proceeded to attempt to make the smoothie, but couldn't finish since she had to skiddaddle out the door. Who was available to make the treat? Yours truly. ^_^

The following recipe is inspired by this and this.

Gather up:
- 1 8-oz can of orange juice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Liquid stevia - half a dropper ful
- Orange extract - just a couple drops
- vanilla extract (I used a lid-full - about 1/2 tsp?)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Lots of ice cubes
- Nutmeg (I used whole spices and grated it on top)

Put the orange juice, coconut milk, stevia, the extracts, and milk into a vitamix (or a very hefty blender). Once thoroughly blended, put in enough ice to come to about 2 inches below the brim of the blender (any more and things will get rather explosive, believe me, I know). Blend, blend, blend! After it's been completely grounded into something that resembles a smoothie with no ice chunks, pour into a glass and add just a smidgen of nutmeg on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment