Friday, October 5, 2012
The following recipe is inspired by this and this.
- 1 8-oz can of orange juice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Liquid stevia - half a dropper ful
- Orange extract - just a couple drops
- vanilla extract (I used a lid-full - about 1/2 tsp?)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Lots of ice cubes
- Nutmeg (I used whole spices and grated it on top)
Put the orange juice, coconut milk, stevia, the extracts, and milk into a vitamix (or a very hefty blender). Once thoroughly blended, put in enough ice to come to about 2 inches below the brim of the blender (any more and things will get rather explosive, believe me, I know). Blend, blend, blend! After it's been completely grounded into something that resembles a smoothie with no ice chunks, pour into a glass and add just a smidgen of nutmeg on top. Enjoy!