Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Chicks Baby Quilt

It's done! I've been working on it ever since Emily and Isaac announced that they were going to have a baby. The little guy is a month old now... Better late than never! (In my defense, I've had baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, adrenal fatigue, baby goats, meat chickens... The creative energy just isn't as abundant as I would like)

I got the last of the binding sewn on last night; now it's ready to go! :D
A blend of vintage feed-sack and modern boldness. 
It features 'shoo-fly' quilt blocks off set by hand-embroidered squares. I only had to buy coordinating fat quarters (courtesy the local Joann's store) to make the shoo-fly since I had all the white muslin already in my stash. The chicken designs are from 'Rise & Shine' by Yesterday's Charm. The border fabric is also from Joann's. Just don't look too closely to the actual quilting of it though... getting the quilt top, batting, and backing to all line up perfectly is not my forte... As for the binding, well... I cheat. I buy wide bias tape (single fold) to do the last step. I use the machine to sew one side down and then hand sew the other to made a clean finish.  

I must admit... I'll miss working on it. Maybe I'll have to make one for myself and stick it in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment