Monday, June 11, 2012

New Arrivals

Emily, holding one of her 'grandchildren'
 They hatched. The goose eggs actually hatched. We had gotten to the point where we were going to kick the goose out within the next week because she was probably sitting on duds, but no, we were wrong. Which is usual. My sister was almost in tears, she was so happy. "That makes me a grandma!" she exclaimed. Her babies had babies.

June 6, 1944 - Allied forces claimed French beach heads in an attempt to reclaim Europe from Nazis. June 6, 2012 - geese have invaded our shores. (We're not Nazi, by the way, just to clarify. We just thought that it was interesting that the goslings decided to hatch on D-Day).

They've multiplied. We've went from 2 stinkers to 5 in a day. Now that they're parents, los dos ganzos are even meaner. If you thought that they were bad to begin with, they're worse now. They're personal bubble just got bigger. A lot bigger. Before we just had to run from the gander; now we have to run from mamma too.


It's been so sweet to see how the gander is behaving with the tres minis. I guess he's making up for the time that he didn't spend sitting on the nest. ;)

I've gotta admit though... they are painfully cute. All fluffy and yellow-ish. Big eyes. Dorky little tufts on their head just like their daddy. Hopefully they didn't inherit his big kahuna attitude. The first time they took the kids out for a tour about the yard, the goslings kept falling over their still floppy, webbed feet. As they fell they rolled around and cheeped... Aww. No! Must not let their cuteness sway me! I think that this is going to be a losing battle for a while; just until they get big and mean. :P Man, I really know how to sell a product. 

Oh, and don't you wish that you could have seen me trying to get these pictures. :P I had a garden hoe in one hand and the camera in the other. Trying to get the picture of my sister with all three of the little heart-stealers was even harder. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what we had to do. 
I guess they don't want paparazzi around
I got all three!

No comments:

Post a Comment