Friday, April 8, 2011

Climbing towers

I probably wouldn't do a movie review on a normal day, but in all honesty... I can't help it! I saw Disney's new princess movie, Tangled, at a friend's house last week and absolutely loved it. I purchased it that night and waited patiently (as patiently as I could be anyway) for the package to arrive. It was well worth the wait. I think I watched it 4 or 5 times that week... ;) So here are some pictures to either wet your appetite to see it or to take you back to that wonderful fairy tale world. :) :singing: Flower, gleam and glow/Let your power shine/Make the clock reverse/Bring back what was mine/Heal what has been hurt/Change the Fate's design/Save what has been lost/Bring back what once was mine/What once was mine... :/singing:
Maximus is probably the most amazing horse EVER!
But Rapunzel's pet chameleon, Pascal, is so much better. :)














Something about this movie... something about how it struck such a chord... I had stopped 'believing' in the magic of Disney because of some of the latest films that they have come out with, the message that they were giving, how I felt after watching them (did I really just waste that much of my life!?) and how they really catered to the romantic worldview in us and had poorly developed plots, characters and morals. :-S


Critics have ranted against this film. I don't know why. Perhaps they are just doing what they're supposed to do - be critics. Well, Pshaw with their reviews!


When the movie finished I didn't want it to end. I wanted it to keep going. The evening after watching the film, I just felt so wonderfully happy and elated. The music just sweeps you off your feet, the plot is wonderfully crafted (it makes so much more sense than the original fairy tale!), the fairy tale world that the artists created is simply stunning, and you're left feeling like this is what Disney is supposed to be. This is, without a doubt, my favorite princess film - ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment