Thursday, December 9, 2010

Here's a toast!

...Without the alcohol. I had a sudden hankering for home-made eggnog, but lo-and-behold I lost my recipe. I searched everywhere, and every recipe I found, had a lot of bourbon, brandy, congac, liquer... I mentioned my predicament to a friend, and she graciously shared the recipe that she successfully uses (much to her sibling's delight). Being myself, I couldn't leave the recipe as it was. First time through and already changed things. ;) So without any further ado, here's what I've come up with for a family friendly eggnog!

7 farm fresh eggs - seperated (you need both the white and yolk)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
big pinch of allspice
1 quart fresh milk

Take the egg yolk and sugar. Beat them up. Add the spices and stir to combine. I love the KitchenAid. Pour the milk in as you're beating the egg mixture. Put the mixture into a seperate bowl. Wash the mixing bowl and whip the egg whites to a peak somewhere between soft and stiff. Slowly pour the yolk mixture into the whites and thoroughly mix. Pour a big glass and drink it straight or fill a coffee cup half full of the black ju-ju and fill the rest with the eggnog. You'll beat Starbucks any day. ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment