Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hope chest

When I turned 14, I recieved my purity ring from my parents. When I turned 16, they bewtowed upon me a beautiful hope chest with a few things to get started. Ever since then, things that I normally would have passed up, seem to catch my eye. Some antique bowls, some of Great-Grandma's china, a Goodwill find, childhood treasures, etc. have all found their way into my hope chest. Something about that 'box' is ever hopeful, patient, and wonderful. Recently, I found a book on my shelf that I hadn't read yet - The Hope Chest: A Legacy of Love by Rebekah Wilson. Not only does it talk about filling your hope chest with things for marriage, but also how it can be used later in life. Even more recently a friend showed this to me:
http://raisinghomemakers.com/2010/the-hope-chest-a-legacy-of-love/comment-page-5/#comment-7240

Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile! :-) I love hope chests! Mine came in very handy! ;-) I hope you win the book Sarah! ;-)You'll have to let me read it if you do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for amazing and Godly women ^-^

    ReplyDelete