Thursday, June 11, 2009

Worship

On the week that I was on worship team, one of the dads handed out some new sheet music. Great! (That's a happy great, not a sarcastic one) We'll just see how this goes and if it's good enough to perform by Sunday... Well we went through it and, oh my goodness, the words- so powerful, the chording- absolutely amazing, the key selection- perfect! I honestly couldn't get enough of that song! Finally, I decided to find it again. The song is Praise the Father, Praise the Son by Chris Tomlin (I would highly recomend all of his music!), and later I found out that the dad had written out the instramental parts for our worship team because all you can get for contempory music is chords written out above the words. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhasBX0dwuU

Verse 1
O sovereign God, O matchless KingThe saints adore, the angels singAnd fall before the throne of graceTo You belongs the highest praise

Verse 2
These sufferings, this passing tideUnder Your wings I will abideAnd every enemy shall fleeYou are my hope and victory ChorusPraise the Father, Praise the Son Praise the Spirit, Three in OneClothed in power and in graceThe name above all other names

Verse 3
To the valley, for my soulThy great descent has made me wholeYour word my heart has welcomed homeNow peace like water ever flows

Bridge
Yours is the kingdom and the powerYours is the glory Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment